Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday, October 14

Today was our first day of work on the ice. I met my co-workers, my supervisor, the director of spply and spent the better part of the day in various trainings. I will be working for electrical supply. Basically, we have two warehouses full of anything an electrician may need to do their job. My job is "Responsible for receipt, storage, organization, inventory and issue of supplies." I think I will spend the majority of my time opening boxes and writing down what is in the box. Alex gets off work in a few minutes, so I'm off to meet her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray- you made it to the ice! I'm so glad you are blogging your adventure. Can't wait to read more!

-Julie D. (Hi, Lucas- I haven't met you yet- but you just married one fabulous lady! Congrats!)

Joey Carr said...

Yay! Fantastic. Y'all are too cute. Will we be getting pictures?

rich and sarah said...

Congrats on getting married to both of you. Sarah and I are just doing the usual here in Bristol. She has been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes so we are getting used to doing outdoor stuff while coping with the demands of diabetes. I've been getting into folding sea kayaks. Sort of like your pack boat but a kayak. I have a Klepper Aerius 2 seater and a Feathercraft K1. Got a bargain at the NOC sale--- a French 2 seater for $200 which needs some work. Time for a spring expedition for all of us. Would you and Alex prefer the German 2 seater (you WILL stroke when I do!) or the French 2 seater (ahh, cherie, you stroke like you make ze luvvvv!).
Think of Carribean (warm!!!) destinations. Have fun you two and stay in touch.

Rich and Sarah