Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On the way HOME

Alex and I spent a total of a month in Australia, dividing the time between three organic farms and Alex's uncle (technically mother's cousin) and his daughter. We stayed at an orchard, a sheep farm/cut flower/seedlings and a baker/permaculture instructor/endangered and indigenous foods importer. Among other adventures, I found myself helping butcher a couple sheep one week and kneading 150+ loaves of bread the next. We enjoyed the farms, but even more so I enjoyed meeting Alex's kin. Rafael headed to Australia roughly the same time that Alex's mother headed to America. It was neat to see the similarities and have experiences with Rafael and Daisy that were similar to visiting Alex's parents.

2 comments:

Joey Carr said...

OMG, when are you going to be in Chapel Hill? I though I might miss your return!

Unknown said...

Joey, where would you be at the end of August? I might even set foot in Williamsburg if it means seeing you, but maybe we can meet in Richmond. When does school start? Will you facebook me and let me know?