Sunday, October 25, 2009

hello everyone!!!

Alex and I are alive and well in Vanuatu. By chance, I have found myself in front of a computer for a few minutes. We have two more weeks of training (without internet access) and then off to our village for two years. We learn next week what village we'll be in. It's all pretty exciting, training is hard work most days. The place here is prettier than could have been expected and everyone is so nice. The language has come along relatively well, I feel I can speak okay with a patient listener. We'll be alright and we'll get writing on the blog as soon as opportunity to do so presents itself.

3 comments:

Joey Carr said...

Exciting! I can't wait to hear about the adventures :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you are enjoying it so far! Wow, 2 years, gosh that seems like a long time but I bet it will fly by. On my end anyways! Please send a pic as soon as you get the banana leaf attire, can't wait to see!;) Miss and love you both!!

Unknown said...

Hi, adventurers!! Glad you're alive and well :) After freaking out about the earthquake earlier this month, I did some research and learned that you'll probably have lots of quake activity nearby.

Can't wait to hear more about life in your village- and which village! Glad things are exciting and you're in purty surroundings and making language progress.

Big hugs from Pittsboro-

Julie