Saturday, August 13, 2011

out tomorrow.

hey again,
We were able to get seats on the plane leaving tomorrow (Sunday). Alex had a cracked crown on one of her back teeth. They had to remove the old crown and make a cast for a new one and then they will put the new crown on next time we are in Vila. They have to send the cast to Australia to make the crown and we have been told it is sometimes a hassle to get the crown through customs. Peace Corps covers all of the expenses, that's one special thing about Peace Corps, they look out good for the volunteers, certainly in this country.
The next volunteers will becoming in October, just before Alex and I leave. Most of them have probably been told by this point that they are coming to Vanuatu. They have a group on Facebook "Peace Corps Vanuatu 2011". It's fun to read about their experiences getting ready for Peace Corps and such. They are excited and overwhelmed. I remember it was so hard to even imagine what it would be like, And just as difficult to paint a picture of what they could expect...
Not just because our experiences are so individual and the country is so diverse, but it's hard to wrap your head around the experience, even having the experience doesn't mean one understands the experience.
Okay, we are going to go back pizza at a friends house.

4 comments:

maggieb said...

Hey guys - you're on my mind today so wanted to leave a little message to say hi. James and I are good - can't even imagine that we're approaching our 1 year anniversary in a couple weeks. We're going up to Maine and renting a cottage in Acadia National Park to celebrate. Still nothing definite on my job - waiting for my security clearance to come through which will hopefully happen this week. XOXO, Maggie

Andrea said...

Alex and Lucas, I cant wait for you two to return to the states. Hopefully Claire and I will get to see you both. I have been holding onto a card and letter for you guys that for some stupid reason I never mailed... Anyways, much love to you both. Safe travels.

Sam_Turner said...

HI lucas and alex!!! i've just finally replied to your letter of over a year ago, sorry I took so long! i've read a bit of your blog every now and then, sounds likee you have had an incredible time. I emailed the letter to: lucas_obringer@yahoo.com please let me know if you didn't get it.
Thanks, and good luck!
Sam Turner

Sam_Turner said...

oh and my email adress is ssturnerss@hotmail.com