Sunday, November 23, 2008

6:00 am

It's just a little past 6am, on Monday morning. (Noon on Saturday on the east coast, I think). Alex switched to the morning shift. We had breakfast together, then her shift began at 6. My work day doesn't start until 7:30, so I've got a bit of time to myself. Campus is significantly quieter this early in the morning (we were doing breakfast ~6:45).

Our weekend was super chill. We hung out at the wine bar on Saturday night and spent most of the day on Sunday sleeping in, watching movies, surfing the Internet, reading books and Alex spent some time knitting. Not so much different than what we would do on a cold winter's day in the states. Except that it's summertime here and the weather was relatively nice yesterday. We are both just tired; Alex's job is physically demanding and I spent a lot of time working outside last week, which just wears me out.

I get this Saturday off (my Thanksgiving holiday), looking forward to the two-day weekend.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I miss you two alot. it is sounding peaceful... take care. stay warm and for god's sake, don't forget to laugh and dance!!love you, sabrina

Joey Carr said...

Are y'all going to be completely impervious to cold when all this is done?

Alex and Lucas said...

I've talked with lots of folks who work down here that say working and living here just makes them hate the cold that much more. They get tired of it always being cold. I think we actually may become more sensitive to the cold instead of impervious to it.