Sunday, April 11, 2010

February 21

It's Sunday night, I wrote four letters and an email (to be sent out in two months when we have internet access), so I'm feeling as if I accomplished something today. Played Uno with some kids too. And read a few articles.

At least three times in the past week Alex has commented on how good the laplap she was eating tasted. I don't know what that means, surely it's some kind of milestone.

Alex and I's 'to-do' list is fairly substantial, we've talked to lots of Peace Corps Volunteers here who comment they don't have much to do, but that doesn't seem to be our experience at all. Not sure what that means either. Tomorrow I have to hand copy a bunch of information to disperse (there's no copy machines here; well, there is - it's me and a pen & paper).


Alex pictured with lots of taro that's been peeled and is ready to be turned into laplap.

No comments: