Sunday, April 11, 2010

February 25

It's Thursday night, it's raining, we just finished a pasta dinner, we're going to have some pineapple for dessert. Billy is telling stories about ex-girlfriends, it's pretty funny.

I was angry at the world today, but just for a bit:

If your us, people cut your grass when it gets too long and they get to it before you do, And they plant your garden for you if you are putting it off for another day, And when your cooking fire isn't burning good enough, they cut firewood for you and teach you how to build a fire. This all happened today, (one incident being an 80-90 year-old frail great grandmother staying at the health dispensary for the birth of her 5th great-grandchild cutting our yard with her bush knife), it's a real work-out for my ego. The fire-building lesson was the most challenging for me. I wanted to go on a rant about my fire experiences, but instead Alex came outside to the bush kitchen and sat with me as we were taught how to properly build a campfire.

No comments: