Thursday, January 21, 2010

December 21st, 2nd post

I wanted to clarify Lucas' comment regarding canned Chinese pork. During a language session in our training village, my friend, Sara, mentioned that she heard that tinned pork from China in Vanuatu allegedly had human meat inside. We talked about it in my language class at length and I, along with some other people, believe it could be possible. Many many weeks passed and I had the same conversation with the guys working on our house! They brought it up! I think that it's a total possibility because China has few, if any, regulations. Lucas thinks that people are too expensive to put inside cheap pork. Who knows. All I know is that Lucas is the only person in this country willing to eat tinned pork from China--Ol man gat fraet tumas from olgeta ting se tin hemi gat mit blong man insaed! Mi mi no wantem kakae man olsem Lucas! (People are very afraid because they think that the tin has human meat inside. I don't want to eat humans like Lucas!)

No comments: