Thursday, January 21, 2010

December 23

we gave up all hope of our chinese bag coming...even blogged about how we gave up hope...next thing we know, it's sitting on porch. two men from a neighboring village were missing a box (a carton, they call it), so they boarded the ship and searched every corner for their carton, they never found their carton, but our chinese bag was hiding in a corner underneath something, they carried the bag off the ship, canoed it to our village and carried it up the hill to the health dispensary. Their names are Patrick and Leo, they are our heroes.
In other news, I was grumpy today because I broke a lantern trying to replace the wick. and I was hungry. and yesterday was a bad day - I went to the airport but our package didn't arrive and we almost killed some snorkelers on the way there and I slid down a big muddy hill and I made Papa Leo fall out of the boat on the way home. and we didn't catch any fish.
But I'm better now because we made yeast bread for the first time tonight and it was good.

the flying fox is still alive and still hanging out in the tree beside our house.

The cat killed a lizard and didn't eat it

We had three chicken wings between the two of us for dinner tonight (with dahl), which was a nice treat.

No comments: