Wednesday, January 20, 2010

December 9th

another day, we've been busier than I expected. We were meant to have a health committee meeting today, but the committee chairman hurt his back yesterday and couldn't come to the meeting, so instead, the committee decided to spend the day working on Alex and I's house, which pleased us very much. the first wall has been weaved together and they reckon they can have the other three walls finished on this friday's workday. after that, we just need to make furniture (bed, table, bench and kitchen counter) and we'll have ourselves a home. Alex and I have to decide if we'll move in before the furniture is built or not. The fear being they might forget the house isn't finished after we move in.

I was just cooking dinner and realized we have almost no firewood, it's been raining for days, so we'll get the real island experience tomorrow - collecting wet firewood in the rain and carrying it don't a slippery, muddy hill. I've made tentative plans to drink kava with my host papa tomorrow night, so a good way to finish off the island experience if I do say so myself.

all is well, we have little wounds that take forever to heal, but besides that we are good.

ren i ren (that how you say it's raining in bislama, it would translate to 'the rain is raining')

No comments: