Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 8th

We walked to another village on top today, Alex completed three health surveys and one community leader survey. It's really pretty on top, you're up on a ridge with open ocean on both sides, I don't think we ever saw the Pacific on the east side, but I did have the feeling of being in the bush but having a lot of openness all around me. Alex is reading over my shoulder and she concurs.

We found a chili pepper that locals grow that looks very much like a habenero (I don't know how to spell that word and the computer won't tell me), we saved the seeds from the one we ate today, with plans to get some seedlings in the ground before we go to Port Vila in ten days.

Tomorrow's plans include planting some corn seedlings, gathering firewood, washing laundry and cooking some black-eyed peas. Good times.

No comments: