Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 9th



Dear blog,
Lucas and I got two packages today from Maggie and Jane & Obie (thank you so much, everything is lovely, we especially loved the chocolate) Lucas' host papa, Bob, brought the packages from the post office up north, so it was a completely unexpected treat. I am injured on every part of my body on the left side, but I am slowly healing. It's really hot today and Lucas and I have basically been hanging out, making lists, cooking, playing the guitar, planting seedlings and collecting firewood. Lucas basically did everything that requires two hands, which is almost everything on the list. I am thinking about how to organize my health surveys and am finding my training in graduate school helpful, who would have thunk it? it's strange to think how cold it is in North America right now because Lucas and I are sweating. Sometimes I miss wood stoves and warm liquids like coffee and tea and crunchy multi-grain toast with butter.

1 comment:

Joey Carr said...

Oh, honey, don't say such things! It's freezing rain and sleet here in Chicago and the temperature is rarely above freezing. I think you're getting the better deal on the climate!